Iodine Absorption Test
Applying a 2% Tincture of Iodine to your skin is an efficient and economical method of determining a metabolic deficiency of iodine. If the “brown” stain fades in 24 hours or less, it indicates a likelihood that iodine is not sufficient to normalize thyroid hormone production. Even if you are taking thyroid hormone orally, low iodine can prevent your thyroid from functioning properly.
- Apply a 3” spot of 2% Tincture of Iodine to inner forearm.
- Expose to air until dry, so that it will not stain clothing.
- Examine the spot every 2 hours.
- Determine how many hours it takes for the iodine spot to disappear completely.
- Record results below.
- Do not do this test if you have a known allergy to iodine.
Optimum: 24 hours or more
Iodine Disappeared in __________hours.